ACO Threshold Drain CorTen finish 19012 (Lenght 1m)
ACO has launched an additional Threshold Drain in a new CorTen terracotta-like finish. All of the current Threshold Drain accessories are compatible.
The patina finish is being seen more and more in high-end garden and landscape projects, with products from planters to walls being offered by a range of manufacturers, the finish can enhance a space and textures felt and seen within it.
There are some specifics to consider when using this finish on a product. CorTen develops its characteristic rusty appearance after it has been exposed to rainwater, therefore new stocks may look black when first delivered. This surface, the so-called patina, is an oxidation layer that protects the metal from further corrosion.
During the formation of the patina, the rainwater may also get a rusty brown colour and therefore can leave stains when it comes into contact with other (porous) surfaces.
It is of great importance to install the channel 3-5mm below the adjacent paving level, such that during heavy rainfall, no water will flow back on the paving. When using very porous paving material and/or light coloured paving, it is recommended to allow the CorTen gratings to corrode in a safe location and only install them on the channels when the patina has fully developed.
ACO bears no responsibility for stains on paving when using CorTen gratings. In case of doubt, we recommend using our aluminium gratings with this channel.
Features of ACO Threshold Drain CorTen:
- Quick and easy installation.
- Removable Heelguard aluminium grating available in silver or black.
- Modern styling.
- The outlet is available for connection to underground drainage CE marked and fully certified to Load Class A 15 BS EN 1433:2002.
Benefits of ACO Threshold Drain CorTen:
- System ideal for use with 60mm block paving.
- Body of the unit manufactured from extruded plastic.
- Compliant with Part M of the Building Regulations for England and Wales and Section 4 of the Scottish Building Standards Recommended
- Patios and Paths
- Level Thresholds
- Block Paving
Not Recommended Applications :
- Car Parking Areas
Click here and try out ACO Building & Landscape Visualiser.