GRABO PLUS HEAVY-DUTY ELECTRIC SUCTION PAD
Nemo GRABO Plus (GRAB220)
The Game-changing Nemo GRABO Plus is a fully portable modernized answer for traditional handheld rubber suction pads. This heavy-duty electric vacuum suction pad is designed to lift, move, and place everything from concrete tiles and drywall to large appliances. Equipped with a strong vacuum pump, that works alongside a robust foam seal to make heavy-lifting easier.
This industrial-strength cordless lifter operates by using an electric pump to perform a high level of suction. Compared to traditional lifting tools, this gear works even on porous and irregular surfaces. It can secure a grip on rough and damp surfaces making it an essential tool that is trusted by leading building professionals around the world.
Moreover, it’s much more lightweight and portable compared to spacious, bulky and complex in use heavy-lifters. Overall, it reduces the risks of injuries on the site and is easy to use in space-restricted areas. All while minimizing the risk of damage to expensive materials while lifting and overhead lifting. Nemo GRABO is ergonomically designed to provide maximum work efficiency. It is lightweight and can be easily carried around in a tool kit with a bag.
GRABO Plus is exceptionally useful while working with large-format pavers and natural stone and makes heavy-lifting more efficient and safe. Furthermore, it also helps with handling materials that have been primed and allows more precise placement of the tiles.
GRABO Plus vs traditional handheld rubber suction pads:
GRABO Plus Electric Vacuum Lifter can be used on rough or porous materials that otherwise wouldn’t work with standard handheld rubber suction pads. A textured surface allows the air to travel through the edges of rubber cups, making it impossible to maintain suction. Thus, traditional suction cups can only create a good seal with clean and airtight surfaces such as glass.
The technology of the GRABO Plus allows not only to properly attach to porous materials but also to monitor the pressure of the device and adjust it if needed. The flexible foam rubber seal is supported by a powerful vacuum pump. Hence, the device is able to mould itself to any contours and uneven surfaces and creates an excellent seal. Thus, can be used with the vast majority of textured building materials such as patterned tiles and concrete blocks. It’s also capable of creating a seal with damp surfaces, making it an essential tool for building professionals.
Each case can vary and will depend on the specific profile roughness parameters on the given surface. It’s generally limited to an amplitude of about 2.5mm (0.1 inches). However, GRABOs commitment to adhesion means that you can efficiently pick more than the regular portable handheld lifting tools on the market.
What is the maximum weight that GRBO Plus can lift?
The maximum weight that Nemo GRABO Plus can lift is up to 170kg (375 lbs). The tool works at a maximum vacuum capacity of 11.6 psi. However, its abilities depend on the type of carrying material and the way you carry it. GRABO can be used both in perpendicular and parallel hold, giving you secure and marvellous movability while working.
It’s suitable for use on various surfaces, including:
- Checker plates, metal and drain covers,
- Plasterboard, drywall plywood and gypsum boards,
- Ceramic tiles, porcelain and natural stone paving slabs,
- Concrete pavers and tiles,
- Worktops, furniture and large appliances,
- Doors and windows,
- Wood and glass.
Due to the high pressure that is created with GRABO Plus, we recommend that you do not use this tool on glass thinner than 6mm.
For exact information about this product’s capability and its’ dependence on the type of carrying material, please visit grabo.com.
How to use:
GRABO Plus heavy-duty electric suction pad is easy to operate and features two buttons: a green one for simple switch on/off operation and the red button for release of the suction pad. The unit also features two anchoring points for attaching straps, to facilitate the handling of bulkier materials.
Keeping an eye on the battery charge before and during the usage is extremely important and we recommend using only the battery and charger provided with the kit.
The foam seal of the lifting pads is exposed to substantial friction and should last around 3,000 uses. Periodically, you should replace the rubber foam seals to ensure safety.
To lift any solid material, simply do the following:
- Check the battery charge before every usage.
- Place the GRABO Plus on the item that you want to move.
- Press the green button to activate the vacuum. Once the vacuum is activated it creates a strong suction allowing it to easily stick to any non-porous surface.
- Smoothly lift the item and move it to where you want to place it. The vacuum pump can also be turned off while moving a load that does not have too much mass. However, for maximum lift and safety, it can stay activated even while you are moving your item. The rubber-protected pressure gauge will allow you to always monitor the vacuum pressure level.
- On more porous materials, either keep the vacuum pump activated or monitor the pressure gauge to manually adjust the pressure when needed. However, for maximum safety, we strongly recommend keeping the pump activated.
- Press the red button to release the item in the desired place.
This product is not designed or intended for climbing or to support a person’s weight. Using this product for climbing or any other unintended purpose may result in injury or death.
The GRABO Plus Electric Vacuum Lifter operates on a 14.8 volt 2600 mAh Li-ion removable battery. The battery takes two hours for a full charge. On a full charge, it can last for 900 cycles or 1.5 hours of non-stop running, and 30 days on standby mode.
To find out more about the product, visit the manufacturer’s website: thegrabo.co.uk.
- Battery: 14.8VDC 2600mAh Li-ion
- Rated Power: 16W
- Charger Input Voltage: 100-240VAC 50/60Hz
- Battery Charging Time: 2hrs
- Non-Stop Running Time (Full Charge): 1.5hrs
- Running Cycles (On Full Charge): 900 ON-OFF cycles of 10 seconds
- Stand-by Mode (Charge Hold): 30 days
- Pump Service Life: 100000+ ON-OFF cycles / 800+ hrs continuous
- Rated Air Flow: 0.7cfm (20 L/min)
- Maximum Vacuum Rate: 11.6Psi (0.8 Bar, 80 kPa)
- Maximum Lifting Capacity: 375Lbs (170 kg)
- L x W x H: 12.1 x 7.37 x 4.91” ( 297 x 181 x 121 mm )
- Net Weight (With Battery): 3.3Lbs (1.6 kg)
- Working Temperature: 32°F~140°F ( 0°~60 °C )
- Applicable Surface Type: Peak/valley heights less than 0.1” (3mm), arc less than 5°
GRABO Plus Heavy-duty Electric Vacuum Lifter Kit comes with:
- 1 GRABO Plus tool (2021 version)
- 1 multi-socket charger
- 1 mechanical built-in pressure gauge with protective rubber coating
- 1 battery, pre-installed on the tool
- 1 waterproof Oxford fabric carry bag
- Operator’s manual in English.