Blue Circle Mastercrete Cement 25kg
A superior Portland-limestone Blue Circle Mastercrete Cement for general purpose work, Mastercrete has improved resistance to freeze/thaw attack when compared to traditional cement. It also has a lower water demand than traditional cement and produces a more cohesive mix. Supplied in weather-resistant plastic packaging.
Blue Circle Cement is suitable for use in concretes, bricklaying, floor screeds and renders.
Contains cement quality improver to give the following benefits compared with ordinary Portland cement: lower water demand, more cohesive mix, less tendency for water to segregate and bleed and enhanced resistance of hardened concrete or mortar to freeze/thaw attack.
Blue Circle Mastercrete Cement entrains a controlled quality of air and the addition of admixture of the air-entraining type is unnecessary and not recommended for concrete. In mortar and rendering, the addition of proprietary air-entraining mortar plasticiser is either unnecessary or the manufacturer’s recommended dosage significantly reduced dependant upon the sand used. Other proprietary admixtures of the non-air-entraining type and pigments are compatible with Mastercrete. Trial mixes are recommended to determine optimum mix proportions.
Conditions of use of Blue Circle Mastercrete Cement:
- It should not be used where sulfate resistant cement is required.
- Mastercrete Cement should not be mixed with additions or other cement types.
- It may be used in the range of traditional nominal mixes as for traditional Portland cement.
- To achieve optimum performance from Blue Circle Mastercrete in concrete or other products, it is essential that it is correctly specified and used.
- It is not normally necessary to use a mortar plasticiser with Blue Circle Mastercrete, but where used a lower dosage than normal is suggested.
- As with other types of cement in building work, there is no substitute for good practice and workmanship. It is essential to use the correct materials, proportion and mix the materials properly, add the correct amount of water, The information in this data sheet is accurate at the time of printing, but Tarmac reserves the right to amend details as part of its product development programme. The information given in this technical data sheet is based on our current knowledge and is intended to provide general notes on our products and their uses. When using CEM II cement, it is particularly important that effective curing is applied.
- Do not use when the air temperature is below 5C or greater than 30C.
- The final finish quality of this material will depend upon the operative having the required skills and a familiarity with the material and its application methods.
- Tarmac Cement cannot be held responsible where workmanship has not been carried out in accordance with good practice.
- Manual handling should comply with The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992.
- Blue Circle Mastercrete is manufactured from natural products, and slight shade variations may occur. Blue Circle Mastercrete will also have shade variations from differing manufacturing centres.
Storage & Shelf Life:
Blue Circle Mastercrete Cement has a 155-day usable window from the date of packing clearly printed on the bag where the Soluble Chromium VI will be less than the legal limit. Mastercrete can be stored outside in all weather conditions thanks to our revolutionary plastic packaging.
Health & Safety:
Contact between cement powder and bodily fluids (e.g. sweat and eye fluids) may cause irritation, dermatitis or burns. Cement is classified as an irritant under the chemicals (Hazard Information and Packaging) regulations.